2021 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2021)
December 15-18, 2021
IEEE BigData 2021 – Now Taking Place Virtually
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority. After evaluating the current COVID-19 situation and the restriction of international travel, the decision has been made to transform the in-person component of IEEE BigData 2021 into an all-digital conference experience – IEEE BigData 2021 will now be an online event. Therefore, IEEE BigData 2021 will no longer take place in Orlando, FL, US and will instead take place virtually. The conference dates remain the same – December 15-18, 2021. Proceedings will not be cancelled, and publications will continue as planned.
In recent years, “Big Data” has become a new ubiquitous term. Big Data is transforming science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, finance, business, and ultimately our society itself. The IEEE Big Data conference series started in 2013 has established itself as the top tier research conference in Big Data.
- The first conference IEEE Big Data 2013 had more than 400 registered participants from 40 countries ( http://bigdataieee.org/BigData2013/) and the regular paper acceptance rate is 17.0%.
- The IEEE Big Data 2019 ( http://bigdataieee.org/BigData2019/ , regular paper acceptance rate: 18.7%) was held in Los Angeles, CA, Dec 9-12, 2019 with close to 1200 registered participants from 54 countries.
- The IEEE Big Data 2020 ( http://bigdataieee.org/BigData2020/ , regular paper acceptance rate: 15.7%) was held online, Dec 10-13, 2020 with close to 1100 registered participants from 50 countries.
The 2021 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2021) will continue the success of the previous IEEE Big Data conferences. It will provide a leading forum for disseminating the latest results in Big Data Research, Development, and Applications.
We solicit high-quality original research papers (and significant work-in-progress papers) in any aspect of Big Data with emphasis on 5Vs (Volume, Velocity, Variety, Value and Veracity), including the Big Data challenges in scientific and engineering, social, sensor/IoT/IoE, and multimedia (audio, video, image, etc.) big data systems and applications. The conference adopts single-blind review policy. We expect to have a very high quality and exciting technical program at Seattle this year. Example topics of interest includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Big Data Science and Foundations
2. Big Data Infrastructure
3. Big Data Management
4. Big Data Search and Mining
5. Big Data Learning and Analytics
6. Ethics, Privacy and Trust in Big Data Systems
7. Hardware/OS Acceleration for Big Data
8. Big Data Applications
The Industrial Track solicits papers describing implementations of Big Data solutions relevant to industrial settings. The focus of industry track is on papers that address thepractical, applied, or pragmatic or new research challenge issues related to the use of Big Data in industry. We accept full papers (up to 10 pages) and extended abstracts (2-4 pages).
IEEE Big Data 2021 will offer student travel to student authors (including post-docs)
Please submit a full-length paper (up to 10 page IEEE 2-column format, reference pages don’t counted in the 10 pages)
through the online submission system.
Papers should be formatted to IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript Formatting Guidelines (see link to "formatting instructions" below).
8.5" x 11" (DOC, PDF)
LaTex Formatting Macros